Get in touch with the team!0800 672 537
KiwiSaver For Retirement Planning
Choosing the Right Fund
Saving for your retirement is critical to enjoying a good life in your golden years. Used well, KiwiSaver is a great scheme that will provide New Zealanders with a real boost in later life.
When you save into a KiwiSaver fund, you’re investing in assets that you assume will be there when you need them in the future. So it’s really important to make sure that you have selected a provider, and a funds scheme within that provider, that you are comfortable with.
There are currently 25 different KiwiSaver providers, and between them all there are 114 different products to choose from!
But not all KiwiSaver providers or products are created equal.
With our depth and breadth of investment management expertise, we can help advise you on which funds and which structures are best for your personal situation.
Using KiwiSaver as part of your retirement planning is a no-brainer for many people.
When you join KiwiSaver, here’s what you get:
- Compulsory employer contributions to a maximum of 3% of your salary/wages
- Member Tax Credits added to your KiwiSaver – up to $521.43 per year
(the government contributes 50 cents for every $1 you contribute, up to a maximum of $521.43 per year)
KiwiSaver Fast Facts
- When you join KiwiSaver, your minimum contribution is 3% of your salary/wages.
- However, you can elect to contribute more – up to a maximum of 8% of your salary.
- You can also make lump sum contributions to your KiwiSaver account.
- Your funds are locked away until you reach the age of NZ Superannuation entitlement (currently 65).
- There is provision to access your money in certain circumstances, including withdrawing KiwiSaver funds to help you buy your first home, withdrawals allowed when you are suffering hardship or serious Illness, if you permanently moving overseas, or in the case of death.
We are based in Papamoa, but we’ll come to you (at a time that suits – including after 5pm) wherever you are across Tauranga, Mount Maunganui, the wider Bay of Plenty and Waikato.
We can also meet you online in our secure meeting room Suitebox!